My Review:I was so excited to receive this product to review! I was always interested in purchasing their travel size brushes after purchasing 7 full size brushes from Sigma.
The brush clutch came nicely wrapped in a purple pouch with a pamphlet listing the brushes, cleaning instructions, and affiliate pamphlet. All brushes are wrapped in plastic, face brushes come with brush protector. I was so happy to see the free travel size F50 duo fibre brush! It's a nice complement to this set of brushes. I'm very pleased with the clutch. It has a flap to protect the brushes and folds nicely without looking bulky. This kit also comes in silver and pink, but I'm glad I got the black because I like the classic black for all my brushes.
I just washed these brushes yesterday so I can put them to use. I was disappointed at how long it took me to clean them. The F30 large powder brush had lots of black dye coming from it. I had to wash it over and over until the water ran clear. After washing the F40 large angled contour brush, the bristles were all over the place and not as soft as I'd like. The F50 duo fibre brush also contained a lot of black dye. After a thorough wash I let them air dry and they were pretty soft. The eye brushes were just fine, no problems with them. I noticed that the F30 large powder brush and F40 large angled contour brush shed the most.
The quality of the brushes is great. For travel brushes, these are nice quality and are literally smaller versions of their full size brushes. The ferrules and handles are excellent quality and this brush set looks sleek and professional overall. The brushes are soft on the face and not scratchy. I could see myself doing an entire makeup look using this kit alone. The selection of brushes is perfect! The clutch is such a great bonus, very sturdy and easy to clean. The clutch also has an extra zipper pocket to hold an extra brush or two.
I'd give it a perfect score if the brushes didn't shed and didn't contain so much dye, but overall this is great for professionals as well as ideal for beginners on-the-go. Getting 8 quality brushes with a clutch for only $49 is a deal!
The Sigma Makeup travel kit Naughty in Black contains 7 essential brushes to achieve a flawless look on the go. Take Naughty in Black to your favorite travel destination or keep it in your purse for a quick touch-up during the day or a night out. All brushes are individually stored in a stylish black clutch equipped with a convenient pouch to carry all your must-have makeup items.Clutch dimensions (closed): 7 x 4 inches. Face brushes: 5 inches total Eyes/concealer brush: 4 inches total
Brushes in this kit:
- Pencil - E30 - Precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, and upper and lower lash line. Also ideal to smudge out pencil liner. Natural bristles.
- Tapered Blending - E40 - Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend color on the crease. Natural bristles.
- Eye Shading - E55 - Soft and dense with a rounded finish. Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments. Ideal to build intense color on the eyelid. Natural bristles.
- Large Powder - F30 - Very dense with a rounded top. Ideal to apply powder products on face and body. Natural bristles.
- Large Angled Contour - F40 - The angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades. Natural bristles.
- Foundation - F60 - Can be used to apply liquid or cream foundation. It is also recommended to apply moisturizers and conceal large areas. Synthetic bristles.
- Concealer - F70 - The rounded, tampered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area. It is also recommended for a precise application in small areas. Synthetic bristles.
[All information provided by SigmaBeauty.com]